Further to the GSNL general objectives, the Ecuador volcano Supersite has three specific objectives:
1 - Acquire and make openly available ground and satellite data over the Guagua Pichincha, Tungurahua and Cotopaxi active stratovolcanoes. These data will allow the monitoring of the volcano deformation patterns and the modeling and understanding of the magma plumbing system.
2 - Acquire and make openly available ground and satellite data over further volcanoes in the area which may show signs of unrest or of an impending eruption of potentially high impact.
3 - Acquire and make openly available ground and satellite data over volcanoes with high hazard but lower overall risk, as Reventador.
Open Supersite data
- In situ data: IGEPN Data Portal
- TerraSAR X data: accessible from the DLR Supersite Data Portal (registration needed)
- COSMO-SkyMed data: if available, CSK data can be accessed here through the ESA Geohazards TEP
- Radarsat 2 data: accessible on demand from the Coordinator
- Pleiadés data: accessible on demand from the Coordinator
- Proposal (Accepted by the 28th CEOS Plenary 2014)
- Presentation: Working Group on Disasters (CEOS Plenary - 28)
- Amended Proposal (2015): added Chiles-Cerro Negro and Guagua Pichincha to the original proposal.
- Website: http://www.igepn.edu.ec/red-de-observatorios-vulcanologicos-rovig