The Mt. Etna volcano Supersite has four objectives:
- achieve new scientific results based on the use of available unprecedented data sets;
- develop and transfer timely scientific knowledge on volcanic crises;
- develop sustainable long‐term Earth observation strategies following eruption.
- establish user requirements for the Global Earth Observation System of Systems (GEOSS).
Look at the Mt Etna Supersite Scientific community
National Department of Civil Protection, Regional Civil Defense
Open Supersite data
- In situ Data Portal (registration needed). Will be moved to the EPOS intrastructure soon.
TerraSAR X satellite data can be accessed from the DLR Supersite Data Portal (registration needed)
COMO-SkyMed SAR data, if available, can be accessed from the ESA Geohazard Exploitation Platform. See instructions for use here.
For all other satellite data contact Supersite Coordinator: giuseppe.puglisi
For this Supersite there is also a high resolution DEM available: see rules for access here: Access to 12-m TDX DEM for the Campi Flegrei/Vesuvius and Mt. Etna Supersites
Biennial scientific and technical reports
- Proposal (Accepted by the 29 CEOS SIT 2014)
- MED-SUV (Related EU-funded project Website)
- Renewal of CEOS support for 2017-2018